Sunday, May 1, 2011

Peepshi and Octodog

While in South Carolina last weekend to visit my family for Egg Day, I decided to try out a couple of food projects on my nephews, Gavin (5) and Max (2). For the main course I made octodogs (octopus shaped hot dogs) on a bed of macaroni and cheese. For dessert, peepshi (peeps sushi)...



I made octodogs for the first time a couple years ago. The process of making the second batch was much quicker, but unfortunately much like the first batch, no one ate them.


Pretend eating- he couldn't handle the eyes. It kind of looks like he is yelling at them.

 
Octodog with broccoli hair

Nope.



A couple months ago, my friend Phoebe sent me a link on how to make peepshi. The second I saw it, I knew I had to try it.
  

The first step was to decapitate the peeps and cut 3/8" slices of rice krispie treats.

Rolling the sushi with fruit roll ups.



Not only did it get one Karate chop of approval...


Peepshi got a double Karate chop of approval.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Cleveland, Ohio, United States